IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER:
Dear RCPFA users, I’ve been just too busy with other things to make RCPFA compatible with newer versions of RoundCube. I don’t have the resources to develop it at work and since I became a father, my free time is much more limited (and thus dedicated to family and other things). If there is someone who really wants to see RCPFA “alive” again, and is prepared to pay me to keep developing it, we could probably make it work. Mail me and we shall discuss the details. Otherwise, if any one has the will to make RCPFA work with the latest 0.2.2 release (and further releases) of RoundCube, please let me know and we can release it as RCPFA 1.1 or something. It is open source, so you can just download my code and fix it. If you have any questions regarding the code, feel free to ask me.
To put it another way: if there is nobody going to support this project financially, it is now left to the community. I’ll gladly help the volunteers by providing them information on how I wrote the versions up to 1.0.5. Perhaps one day, if I need PostfixAdmin and RoundCube interoperability comercially again, I’ll dive into it. Until then, good luck and thanks for using it!
Feature list and changelog:
Version 1.0.5 (Jan 31 2009):
- fixed for RoundCube 0.2-stable 2008-12-30. Thanks to Andrey Sharandakov who provided this version.
Version 1.0.4 (Nov 13 2008):
- fixed for RoundCube 0.2-beta 2008-09-21. Thanks to Jan Hejl who provided this version.
Version 1.0.3 (Jul 28 2008):
- there was a bug which caused vacation not to work properly after there were some senders already notified – after turning vacation off and then back on, entries from vacation_notification would not be purged
- PostfixAdmin’s md5crypt encryption type now works
- WARNING: rcpfa 1.0.3 does not work with latest SVN revisions any more. You should use 0.2-alpha or later revision (1531 works for sure, I don’t know which revision exactly made rcpfa incompatible with roundcube). However, since I’m busy with other things at the moment, I guess I’ll wait for the next official release (will it be beta?) and then update the patchset accordingly.
Version 1.0.2 (Jun 16 2008):
- vacation notification didn’t work – the script didn’t update the alias, only the record in vacation table; for vacation to work, there is also a new parameter pfa_autoreply_domain in main.inc.php, which must be set properly (as in PostfixAdmin’s config file)
- fixed references to RoundCube – the latest version is 0.2-alpha, not 2.0.0alpha – sorry for the mess
Version 1.0.1 (Jun 16 2008):
- fix this installation file (it threw an error that diff.diff is missing, which is OK, because we don’t need this file)
- it is confirmed that the patchset patches the 0.2-alpha version of RC nicely, I have not tested if it works, though
Version 1.0 (Jun 15 2008):
- automatically copy user full name from PostfixAdmin database and preconfigured organization into the default identity
- manage vacation settings in RoundCube
- change password in RoundCube
- manage forwarding settings in RoundCube
- the interface is very similar to PostfixAdmin’s
- the patchset was tested on RoundCube from SVN (rev. 1531) but should also work at least on RoundCube 0.2-alpha.
First, you should make sure that you already have db.inc.php and main.inc.php config files in your config subdir of RoundCube root directory. If you don’t have them, you can just copy the default files which come with RoundCube (they have .dist extension).
Then you should uncompress this package into a Roundcube root directory. After uncompression, new directory “rcpfa-x.x.x” should appear. Then you should do something like:
$ sh INSTALL.TXT
If you prefer, you can also execute the steps in INSTALL.TXT by hand.
After you have patched the RoundCube, have a look at it’s configuration files main.inc.php and db.inc.php – in the end of both you should find additional sections for PostfixAdmin configuration.
Please report bugs and feature requests via e-mail to email@example.com. If you find these patches useful as I do, you can also check my wishlist. :)